dynamically loaded libraries

mhearne808 mhearne808 at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 01:00:47 EDT 2006

I have a question about how dynamically loaded C++ modules work, which
I will phrase as a hypothetical scenario involving the Numeric module.
 Please understand that I don't really care about Numeric per se, it's
just a useful example of a module that defines a generally useful data
type.

Let's say I want to create a C++ Python extension module that has
methods accepting the Numeric array type as input, and also create
these arrays as output.

In order to make this work, do I have to statically link against the
Numeric source, or do I only have to include the headers, under the
assumption (??) that the Numeric functionality will be available
because the Python executable has dynamically loaded it?

Thanks!

Mike