2 books for me

Gary Wessle phddas at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 02:08:42 EDT 2006

Hi

I am about to order 2 books, and thought I should talk to you first.
I am getting Python Cookbook by Alex Martelli, David Ascher, Anna
Martelli Ravenscroft, Anna Martelli Ravenscroft, since Bruce Eckel's
Thinking in Python is not finished and didn't have any new revisions
since some time in 2001, having owned his Thinking in C++ v1 and v2 I
am used to learning from him. any way, the second book is gui one, I
notices there are 3 flavors according to
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiBooks, wxPython, Qt, and Tkinter.I am
not sure what package is best for and would like to know before I
order one of those three.

thanks