generating random passwords ... for a csv file with user details

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Sun May 28 06:20:29 EDT 2006

k.i.n.g. enlightened us with:
> Now I have to write a script to generate random password in the
> password field for each user. A simple algorithm is sufficient for
> passwords

Check out the source of pwsafe, it has a great password generator. It
can generate with different lengths, based on amount of entropy, and
can also generate different types (alpha/digit, hex, easy to read
alpha/digit, etc.)

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa