python vs perl lines of code

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat May 20 18:51:59 EDT 2006

"George Sakkis" <george.sakkis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not trying to be as ass, but can you take this offline or at least in
> a perl newsgroup ? Arguing on a particular fact or speculation about
> the perl community is rather unproductive and offtopic for a python
> newsgroup.

Use a real Usenet client, and you can make it skip a thread.

Like I said, I am not interested in a(n OT) pissing contest, but when
people make silly statements like Edward did, I think its a good thing to
point out that import is *not* encouraged by the Perl community. It has
been used (abused IMO) a lot in the past, and yes, those modules are still
around.

But in general OO is perferred, except in those cases that import extends
the language with for example constructs like try / catch or case etc.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/