Need to send email on HIGH Disk usage

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Mon May 8 04:45:56 EDT 2006

[C Saha]

| I am looking for a py script which will send me email when
| ever my disk becomes more than 90% full. By the way my OS is Win XP.
|
| If anybody have already has written same type of script or
| something very similar kind of script will also be great.

You can certainly do this with a WMI event.

You might start by combining this example:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html#percentage_free

with one like this:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html#monitor_error_even
ts

For the event type, you'll need to use "Modification".

I'm happy to put together an example script for
you, but I didn't want to take away the fun of
learning!

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk