John Bokma harassment

Mike Schilling mscottschilling at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 19:18:39 EDT 2006

"P.L.Hayes" <paul at wolfbone.ath.cx> wrote in message
news:87slmwbhx5.fsf at wolfbone.ath.cx...

> I agree. I have already written to Dreamhost and I hope more people
> will do so. I have found some of what has been posted here quite
> astonishing and the actions of certain people to be reprehensible: by
> far the most serious violation of netiquette I see here is this
> thoroughly wrong-headed campaign to try to censor Xah by appealing to
> his service provider.

No one that I know of is trying to censor Xah.  It's the form his postings
take that cause problems, not the content.

> In my opinion it is that, not anything Xah has
> done, which comes any where near deserving any sort of termination of
> access to the Internet.

Bringing facts to their attention?  If Dreamhost has given him notice of
termination, it's for violating their policies, not because people have told
them "I don't like him".

> Since Xah's website is hosted by Dreamhost,
> the unwarranted censorship will be compounded by an act of gratuitous
> vandalism, potentially depriving people of useful resources:

He's free to find another ISP and *not* violate their rules.