python vs perl lines of code

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 17 21:15:24 EDT 2006

Edward Elliott <nobody at 127.0.0.1> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Those samples can be independently verified by any skilled
> > observer at another time. This is what distinguishes them from
> > anecdotes, and breaks your analogy.
>
> Anyone who has my source files can run the same tests.

Which we don't. Currently all we have is an anecdote. I'm making no
comment on the veracity or interest of the anecdote, but currently
that's all we have.

I responded to a post that seemed to claim that anecdotes about events
can be treated as data about events. They can't; that's what I'm
arguing.

--
 \     "It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you |
  `\   know that you would lie if you were in his place."  -- Henry L. |