Variable name has a typo, but code still works. Why?

Tim N. van der Leeuw tim.leeuwvander at nl.unisys.com
Wed May 31 09:55:59 EDT 2006

Hi Mateus,

We'd need to see more code then just this snippet. It looks like the
name 'session' is used elsewhere in the code, and is in scope for the
showReport() method.
But without seeing a bit more code of this class, and possibly global
variables / code, it's not possible to say this.

There's definately no rules in Python that allow you to 'abbreviate'
variable names.

Cheers,

--Tim