noob question: "TypeError" wrong number of args

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 3 18:57:13 EDT 2006

Edward Elliott <nobody at 127.0.0.1> writes:

> Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> > Edward Elliott wrote:
> >> I can prove that assertion too: make a simple text processor that
> >> reads Python source code and outputs the same source code with
> >> only one change: insert the string 'self" as the first parameter
> >> of every "def somemethod". Next run the output source code with
> >> the normal Python
> >
> > Okay, let's start with writing a simple text processor for this
> > little mess::
>
> I didn't even try to wade through that morass of monocharacter
> variables.  Anyone wanna summarize the point of that code?

As I understand it, the point was not what the code does, but to give
a sample input (a Python program) for the "simple text processor" you
described to wade through.

--
 \            "I always had a repulsive need to be something more than |
  `\                                           human."  -- David Bowie |