Retrieving event descriptors in Tkinter

Avi Kak kak at purdue.edu
Mon May 8 10:22:40 EDT 2006

Does Tkinter provide a function that returns all the event descriptors
for a given widget class?  I am looking for something similar to what
you get in Perl/Tk when you call bind() with a single explicit
argument. For example, in Perl/Tk,

    $widget->bind( Tk::Button )

returns a list like

  <Key-Return>
  <Key-space>
  <ButtonRelease-1>

Is it possible to do the same in Tkinter?  I have looked through
Fredrik Lundh's on-line reference and also the one by John Shipman. I
am unable to locate the function I need. Perhaps I have not looked hard
enough.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Avi Kak
kak at purdue.edu