Unable to extract Python source code using Windows

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue May 16 19:10:20 EDT 2006

Elric02 wrote:
"""
 I tried downloading for different archives, (different versions of
Python) I can't believe they are all garbled.  But they all don't work
with WinZip.
"""

I can't believe that they're all garbled either. The likelihood of that
is small. Further, the probablility that all-pervasive garbling of tgz
files would go unnoticed is about three-tenths of five-eighths of an
extremely small number.

Reminds me of the story of the proud mother watching her son's regiment
on parade: "Look, everybody, my Tommy's the only one marching in
step!".

Let's rewrite your last sentence as "My copy of WinZip v10 doesn't work
with any of them", and go with the most plausible explanation.

HTH,
John