How to test wxPython by unittest

Frank Niessink frank at niessink.com
Fri Mar 24 16:54:52 EST 2006

sillyemperor:
> I was a new guy of Python,when i want to test my wxPython app by
> unittest,it couldn`t work.I fund a stubmaker.py but it only for
> wxDialog but all widgets.Can someone can tell me how test wxPython by
> unittest?Thanks

Here's a small example to get you started:

import unittest, wx

class TextCtrlTest(unittest.TestCase):
     def setUp(self):
         app = wx.App(0)
         frame = wx.Frame(None)
         self.textCtrl = wx.TextCtrl(frame)

     def testInitialContents(self):
         self.assertEqual('', self.textCtrl.GetValue())

     def testAppendText(self):
         self.textCtrl.AppendText('whatever')
         self.assertEqual('whatever', self.textCtrl.GetValue())

     def testAppendTextTwice(self):
         self.textCtrl.AppendText('whatever')
         self.textCtrl.AppendText('and then some')
         self.assertEqual('whateverand then some',
                          self.textCtrl.GetValue())

if __name__ == '__main__':
     unittest.main()

Cheers, Frank