Python compiler

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Tue Mar 21 05:12:21 EST 2006

Rc wrote:
> But ,my question is when I start Python it is a Dos Window
> that opened.I think it is not possible on a XP computer?

The Windows NT family, including XP, is not based on MS DOS.
It still has a text more interface, and it is much better
than DOS ever was. You can start that by clicking on the
Start button, selecting 'run' and typing cmd.exe and pressing
ENTER. You don't need that--but as you gain experience, you
might start to prefer it... The keyboard is much faster than
the mouse...

The standard Python installer contains a graphical development
environment called IDLE. Have a look at Danny Yoo's tutorial
http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

Good Luck!