File objects and seek

Tommy Grav tgrav at mac.com
Tue Mar 28 11:05:13 EST 2006

I have a file object that contains a binary read in file. I would
like to
move to another position in the file to read in a record. seek seems
to work fine with a positive value, but not a negative one (moving
back from the current relative position). Is this the intended behavior?
How do I move backwards (towards the beginning) in the file?

Cheers
Tommy

tgrav at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/tgrav/

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger,
more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction"
                          -- Albert Einstein