A bit OT: Python prompts display as nested mail quotes in Thunderbird

Joel Hedlund joel.hedlund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 10:13:50 EST 2006

Hi

Sorry to bother you with my OT problems, but my newsgroup reader (Thunderbird) displays explicitly written python prompts as triple nested mail quotes (with lines in alternating colors in the margins). That's pretty tiresome to look at in a python newsgroup. Therefore, I'm looking for a way to display messages from this newsgroup *In Plain Text*.

I tried "View > Message Body As > Plain Text" but that did nothing.

I'm not sure what to search for so I didn't get far neither with Google or the Mozilla Thunderbird FAQ or newsgroup.

Has anyone else encountered/solved this problem? Should I get another newsgroup reader? In that case, which? I'm running Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Ubuntulinux 5.10.

Thank you for your time,
Joel Hedlund