Simulation Programming Skills and Python

Richard Blackwood richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com
Mon Mar 6 10:48:46 EST 2006

Hello all. I have a few questions about simulation programming. One, do
all programmers know to how to code a simulation? By simulation I mean a
model of real world relationships (i.e. like Civilization which is a
simulation of ruling nations through various historical settings). For
example, could someone who codes word processing application necessarily
know how to do a simulation of economic relationships between banks and
enterprises if he/she had access to an economist? Is the skill of being
able to translate in one's head realworld relationships into a model
represented by code an inherent/native skill of all programmers? Two, is
Python a good language for simulation programming?

Thank you all!

- Richard Blackwood