recycling internationalized garbage

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 15 05:37:20 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> it should be fairly obvious that you don't know much about UTF-8...

Despite this malicious and false accusation, your post only confirms
what I wrote above is true and what Martin wrote was false.  Even with
the desperate and absurd semantic game you tried to play, like falsely
equating "fairly reliably" with "reliably", in a database as large as
this a low probability of failure does not guarantee "if the data
decodes as UTF-8, it *is* UTF-8".

                          Ross Ridge