Python Debugger / IDE ??

Don Taylor nospamformeSVP at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 10:05:03 EST 2006

Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
> krypto.wizard at gmail.com wrote:
>
>>I like the Pyscripter, is there any Linux version or something of it.
>

> Sorry, I forgot to mention that there is a snag in it. Since PyScripter
> is based on Python for Delphi, it is available for Windows only.

Is there a free or low-cost version of Delphi for Windows available
anywhere?

Pyscripter looks interesting but when I went to the Borland site to find
out about the cost of Delphi I went into catatonic shock. They can't be
serious.

Then I read on Wikipedia that "On February 8th, 2006, Borland announced
that it was looking for a buyer for its IDE and Database line of
products, which included Delphi, to concentrate on its Application
Lifecycle Management line."

So I guess it is at the end of its life, at least with Borland.  Maybe
they will FOSS it?  Nah...

Don.