New python.org website

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu Mar 9 10:58:20 EST 2006

msoulier <msoulier at gmail.com> wrote:
>I don't mind the logo or the colour scheme, but I do mind the first
>paragraph in bolded text. What, you figure the readers can't figure out
>how to find "What is Python?" by themselves?
>
>Bold should be used sparingly. This is serious overuse.

I'm OK with bold for stuff like this, but the wording could be better.  The
last sentence:

	Many Python programmers report substantial productivity
	gains and feel the language encourages the development of
	higher quality, more maintainable code.

reads like a drug warning label, carefully crafted to not run afoul of
regulatory constraints.  Just say what you want to say:

	Python programmers are more productive and the language
	encourages development of higher quality, more maintainable
	code.