New python.org website

Thomas G. Willis tom.willis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 11:22:05 EST 2006

On 3/8/06, Robert Boyd <robert.h.boyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 Mar 2006 07:47:15 -0800, Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > No one
> > > of the complainers and negativists do claim that they could do it much
> > > better.
> >
> > Indeed, I do not have to be able to write a particular program to
> > notice it has bugs.
> >
> > On the other hand, (since I think the design, while not brilliant, is
> > good) fixing the logo is something that can be achieved without too
> > much fuss.
> > [snip]
>
> While I don't dislike the logo, there has been a lot of grumbling
> about it. Dislike has been due to aesthetic reasons, or the
> resemblance to a cross, or general "it's not as good as x".
>
> So I gave it another close look, and I wondered if this would improve it:
>
> Retain the stylized blue snake. Remove the yellow snake, but keep its
> body that's in line horizontally with the blue snake's, and color it
> blue. Result: one snake with a horizontal tail that curls up slightly
> at the right edge.
> <snip>

When I first saw it I thought "twisted" than I thought "is that a cross?"
then I thought maybe it's a messed up yin/yang.

I thought the yin/yang idea might be interesting, and maybe would work but
the overall shape needs to be more circular to convey that idea better.

But I'm no graphic designer....

--
Thomas G. Willis
http://i-see-sound.com