wxPython memory footprint? - Re: Write a GUI for a python script?

Michael Ekstrand lists at elehack.net
Thu Mar 2 15:51:54 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:52:34 +0100
robert <no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.com> wrote:
> Can you debug & call functions interactively from e.g. Pythonwin while a
> wxPython app is running.

It's a snap to incorporate a nice GUI Python shell with object browser
into any wxPython app - wxPython provides its PyCrust shell as a
package, which provides your choice of a widget you can embed or a
top-level window you can create. In one app I worked on I created a
menu item that launched such a shell window, so I could poke around
inside the app.

As far as actual debugging/stepping... I'm not sure. I haven' thad much
luck with Python debugging using anything but Wing IDE.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
                -- Fortune