Incorrect Decimal-Float behaviour in comparison tests

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Mon Mar 6 08:05:25 EST 2006

Sergei Organov wrote:
> Well, without reading the manuals I'd expect this to raise an exception
> instead of yielding of meaningless and confusing result, consider:

Without reading the manuals, you can only expect that Python
will be "compatible" with the ideas you have of things based
on previous experience and your own ideas, and since the set
of previous experiences and ideas among N people is probably
bigger than N, it's really tough to make Python fulfil that!