Exception not raised - May be the end

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Mar 3 07:13:39 EST 2006

Michele Petrazzo  <michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it> wrote:
>some days ago I posted here and say that python "forgot" to raise an
>exception, but my code was too long for make some tries possible.
>But now I can reproduce the problem into another, little, project:
>
>www.unipex.it/vario/wxFrameSchedule.py
>www.unipex.it/vario/metamenus.py
> [ ... ]

It looks like a "wx sandwich" issue to me: the exception is certainly
being raised and can be caught in wxFrameSchedule.OnMbWorkHour, but
OnMbWorkHour is being called from the C++ wx event loop and I'd guess
that the Python exception isn't being propogated across the C++ layer
back out to the default handler in the Python interpretter. Robin gave
a full explanation to someone else having similar problems on
wxPython-users a couple of days ago, but I'm having trouble finding
that.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"