Find similar images using python

Christos Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Mar 31 13:06:28 EST 2006

On 29 Mar 2006 05:06:10 -0800, rumours say that "Thomas W"
<thomas.weholt at gmail.com> might have written:

>How can I use python to find images that looks quite similar? Thought
>I'd scale the images down to 32x32 and convert it to use a standard
>palette of 256 colors then compare the result pixel for pixel etc, but
>it seems as if this would take a very long time to do when processing
>lots of images.

I see someone suggested imgseek.  This uses a Haar transform to compare
images (check on it).  I did make a module based on imgseek, and together
with PIL, I manage my archive of email attachments (it's incredible how many
different versions of the same picture people send you: gif, jpg in
different sizes etc) and it works fairly well.

E-mail me if you want the module, I don't think I have it currently online
anywhere.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Dear Paul,