Installing PySQLite on OS X 10.4

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Mar 15 10:18:27 EST 2006

Rob Cowie wrote:
> [...]
> However, if I do "from pysqlite2 import test" as suggested after
> installation, I get the following traceback...
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "pysqlite2/test/__init__.py", line 25, in ?
>     from pysqlite2.test import dbapi, types, userfunctions, factory,
> transactions
>   File "pysqlite2/test/dbapi.py", line 26, in ?
>     import pysqlite2.dbapi2 as sqlite
>   File "pysqlite2/dbapi2.py", line 32, in ?
>     from pysqlite2._sqlite import *
> ImportError: No module named _sqlite
> [...]

Apparently, you're doing this from the pysqlite sources root directory.
So the pysqlite2 directory is tried, which does ont include the compiled
C extension module. Execuring from any other working directory on your
system should work fine.

I'll have to check that this is all properly documented before I do the
next pysqlite release.

-- Gerhard