Encoding newlines in XML?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 13:10:48 EST 2006

    Robert> skip at pobox.com wrote:
    >> *argh!*  I hate XML!   There, now that that's off my chest...

    Robert> I think, rather, that you hate XML libraries.

Well, I guess I don't mind XML as long as I don't have to look at it.
XML-RPC is one example I'm perfectly happy with.  You could call it
Martian-RPC and I might not have known the difference.  Still, I suspect
you're correct that it's more the libraries than the '<'s and '>'s that give
me fits.

    Robert> Other libraries seem to get this right.
    Robert> In [89]: from lxml import etree

Thanks, an existence proof of a correct solution makes me less concerned
about hacking around the current problem.

Skip