user-supplied locals dict for function execution?

bruno at modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Tue Mar 21 03:52:36 EST 2006

Lonnie Princehouse wrote:
>>Beautiful is better than ugly.
>>Explicit is better than implicit.
>>
>>>Err... I see no contradiction nor conflict here.
>

> What to do when explicit is ugly and implicit is beautiful?

Depends on your understanding of explicit/implicit.

Side effects on globals or automatic type conversion à la PHP are
"implicit". Passing args and getting results back or requiring explicit
conversion are "explicit".

Abstracting implementation details is a somewhat different topic IMHO.

May I had :
"""
Simple is better than complex.
Readability counts.
Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules.
Although practicality beats purity.
"""

and of course :
"""
Namespaces are one honking great idea -- let's do more of those!
"""

You know, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and all that
kind of things !-)

--
bruno desthuilliers