Best IDE for Python?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 09:00:23 EST 2006

On a more useful note, I'll assume you're not already a vim or emacs
zealot, since you are asking the question ;-) and give my tips:

SPE seems to be the best (free) python IDE out there at the moment,
though the text editor component is pretty basic. I personally use
jEdit, since it has a superb editor component, and Python plugins which
make developing in python very comfortable, such as a (cpython and
jython) debugger, and a Jython plugin which allows scripting of jEdit
in python (well, jython - so you'll miss a few of the newer language
features when scripting jEdit itself.

None of the pure python IDE's/editors out there come close to the likes
of jEdit, vim or emacs in terms of pure editing power.

--
Ant...