ANN: uuid-0.1 Released

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Mar 27 17:24:11 EST 2006

"Jürgen Urner" <jUrner at arcor.de> writes:

> uuid is a python module to generate RFC 4122 compatible UUIDs
>
> Somehow this module was missing in python, so I took over the
> struggle with the C sources and all those quirky bits and bytes.

I strongly encourage you to look at this patch for uuid to be included
in the standard library, by Ka-Ping Yee.

    <URL:http://mail.python.org/pipermail/patches/2006-March/019068.html>
    <URL:http://zesty.ca/python/uuid.html>

I encouraged him to put it into PyPI as 'uuid', so that we'd have it
available immediately, but he evidently didn't do that. It would help
us all greatly if you two could coordinate your efforts.

--
 \     "My house is on the median strip of a highway. You don't really |
  `\    notice, except I have to leave the driveway doing 60 MPH."  -- |