RAD tutorials and tools for GUI development with Python?

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:21:27 EST 2006

>> Interesting link, but the focus there seems to be encoperating Python into Delphi apps in Windows. My focus is more getting Delphi like GUI building, but coding python on Linux.

According to the web site
http://mmm-experts.com/VersionHistory.aspx?ProductId=3
it supports Lazarus, which is a Delphi clone that runs on most
platforms on Linux. I can vouch for Lazarus as a fine tool.
I think I used WINE in the past successfully with Delphi apps with
embedded Python on Linux.

Delphi quality integrated GUI builders are not available to any dynamic
language yet. But if you prefer a pure Python approach libglade and Qt
Designer are the paths of least resistance for Linux currently.

(I am adding this to the group. Let's keep the on-topic discussions
here so that others may offer better suggestions)