Can XML-RPC performance be improved?

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Mar 21 11:31:10 EST 2006

I've got an established client-server application here where there
is now a need to shovel huge amounts of data (structured as lists of
lists) between the two, and the performance bottleneck has become
the amount of time spent parsing XML (it's taking 100% CPU on one or
other end of the connection and accounting for well over 50% of the
total call time, to the extent that it's having a greater impact on
performance than user interaction). And this is using SGMLOP for
parsing -- I dread to think what it would be like with a slower
parser. Anyone (Fredrik?) got any good ideas for tackling this
problem?

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"