Papers on Dynamic Languages

Jay Parlar jparlar at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 4 17:34:29 EST 2006

For one of my grad school classes, I'm writing a paper on "Dynamic
Languages". What a wonderfully vague topic (but at least it'll let me
write about Python).

Anyway, I want to talk about things like typing disciplines (weak,
strong, etc.),"class vs. prototype, JIT technologies in dynamic
languages, interactive interpreters, etc.

I've got Brett Cannon's thesis already, but I'm looking for references
to some more papers on these topics. A Python basis for any of the
papers would be preferred, but anything will do.

Any suggestions? This is my first real research paper in grad school,
so I'm starting out from scratch here.

Jay P.