New python.org website

Nicola Musatti nicola.musatti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:35:00 EST 2006

Michael Tobis wrote:
[...]
> On the other hand, (since I think the design, while not brilliant, is
> good) fixing the logo is something that can be achieved without too
> much fuss.

The obviously perfect logo would be Kaa's face:
http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/villains/kaa/kaa.html

After all even my two and a half year old kids know that Kaa is *the*
python. However I suspect it would take a lot of money to license that.
[...]
> Finally, I disagree that the current logo is better than the neutral
> but consistently used php logo or the very clever java coffee mug logo,
> and notably the Ruby on Rails logo, which is first rate.

The Java logo has the problem that it is not universal: in Italy for
instance the name "Java" has no connection with "coffee".

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti