Please, I Have A Question before I get started

Sun Mar 12 21:45:05 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 02:19:39 +0000, Skipper wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am going to try and learn Python because I want to write at least
> one program to help my disabled son with communitation.
>
> I am not asking for anyone to do this for me I simply want to know if
> I can do what I need to do with Python ....

[snip]

> Can python do this?  I realize I am responsible for the menu sets,
> pictures .... attaching sounds etc ....

There is no reason why Python can't do this.

If you are new to programming, I suggest you have a look at Pythoncard.
Unfortunately, most of the Graphical User Interface libraries for Python
have a fairly steep learning curve, and in general building GUIs can be
tedious and difficult, regardless of language. Pythoncard is an attempt to
simplify the whole process and make simple things simple.

http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

--
Steven.