Installing PyExcelerator to write Excel files from Python

tkpmep at hotmail.com tkpmep at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 12:47:58 EST 2006

I downloaded PyExcelerator.zip as I need to write some data into Excel
files, and tried unsuccessfully to install it. I unzipped the files
into C:/Python24/Lib/site-packages/PyExcelerator, and in a python
command line window typed

>>>os.chdir("C:/Python24/Lib/site-packages/PyExcelerator")

followed by

>>>python ./setup.py install

exactly as stated in README.txt. However all I get is a SyntaxError.

I then tried various combinations  - with and without enclosing quotes,
with and without ./, and in all cases I get a SyntaxError. Has anyone
installed this program successfully? If so, what's the magic ingredient
for a successful install?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Philips