python -U problem for 2.4.3c1 on Windows 2000 (was Does -U option really exist?)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 27 16:24:22 EST 2006

Petr Prikryl wrote:
> I did observe the problem when using the -U
> option on Windows 2000. Seems like some infinite
> recursion in cp1250.py -- see below.
>
> I did not try it with earlier versions of Python.
>
> Can this be reproduced on your computer?

I can't try right now. However, I can readily
believe that Python easily crashes when invoked
with -U, and I can also believe that it only happens
on some systems.

If you care, please research the cause, and submit a
bug fix. Just submitting the bug report likely won't
react in action (atleast not from me).

Regards,
Martin