Breaking/Wrapping lines "automatically"

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu Mar 23 09:06:22 EST 2006

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> Jorge Godoy wrote:
>> Is there something I can do in PIL to restrict a line to a certain size and
>> have it to break/wrap into a newline automatically?  (Or by using some
>> code, of course...)
>
> there's no standard function for this purpose, no.
>
> here's a somewhat rough implementation, based on a WCK demo:
>
> http://effbot.python-hosting.com/file/stuff/sandbox/pil/textwrap.py
>
> a somewhat better approach would be to use collect words as long as
> they fit, and write each line as a single string.

Then I'd have to have some means to determine the width of the char (I'm using
a TrueType font due to my need of using Unicode text) to calculate how many
words I can put on a single line...

I'll take a look at the page above.

Thanks!

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>

- Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
- Anything said in Latin sounds smart.