Difference between 'is' and '=='

Joel Hedlund joel.hedlund at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 05:52:27 EST 2006

>> For me, this means several things, and I'd really like to hear people's
>> thoughts about them.

> you need to spend more time relaxing, and less time making up arbitrary
> rules for others to follow.

I'm very relaxed, thank you. I do not make up rules for others to follow. I ask
for other peoples opinions so that I can reevaluate my views.

I do respect your views, as I clearly can see you have been helpful and
constructive in earlier discussions in this newsgroup. So therefore if you
think my statements are nonsense, there's a good chance you're right. And
that's why I posted. To hear what other people think.

Sorry if I came off stiff and belligerent because that certainly wasn't ny intent.

 > read the PEP and the documentation.

Always do.

 > use "is" when you want object identity,
 > and you're sure it's the right thing to do.  don't use it when you're not sure.
 > any other approach would be unpythonic.

Right.

Chill!
/Joel Hedlund