django and mod_python

Robin Becker robin at NOTSPAMjessikat.plus.net
Sun Mar 5 05:33:22 EST 2006

bapolis at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read the mod_python documentation on the Django site but I'm getting
> this error:
>
> EnvironmentError: Could not import DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE
> 'accesshiphop.settings' (is it on sys.path?): No module named
> accesshiphop.settings
>
> Here's my httpd.conf:
>
> <Location "/public_html/myproject/">
>     PythonPath "[r'c:/apache/public_html/myproject/']+sys.path"
>     SetHandler python-program
>     PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
>     SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE myproject.settings
>     PythonDebug On
> </Location>
>
> Also, the Django site says "Also, if you've manually altered your
> PYTHONPATH to put your Django project on it, you'll need to tell
> mod_python:"
in my setup the PythonPath statement puts the folder containing
myproject onto the PythonPath in your case that might be

PythonPath "[r'c:/apache/public_html']+sys.path"

also I place the SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE  .....
before specifying the PythonHandler, but I am unsure if that is required
(I guess it depends on exactly how apache sets up the location), but
it's what I would do in a batch file for example.