CGI redirection: let us discuss it further

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue Mar 28 01:41:26 EST 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber enlightened us with:
> I suspect the desired function may be browser specific, since it
> sounds like one would need to "pop" a history record to remove the
> "redirect" page from the list...

That's only if you think from the browser's point of view. An internal
redirect goes unnoticed by the browser, hence there is no need for
such history manipulation. With an internal redirect there is no
"redirect page" at all, since the new URL is fetched from within the
server, and sent to the browser as the response to the requested URL.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa