New python.org site

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Mar 12 03:40:09 EST 2006

Michael Tobis wrote:

> Steve, what you say is true. Possibly people who are experienced in
> making a six page site for their aunt's catering business may not
> understand how much the site implementation is constrained by the huge
> amount of existing content

the problem with the new python.org is that the tool makers have treated
it as a 6-page site for their aunt's catering business, and have attempted
to address the rest with manpower.

you may be impressed with people who compensate idiotic approaches
with more man hours, but I'm not.  bulk translation of HTML content is
pretty easy if you use the right Python tools, especially when most of
the material can be translated from HTML to HTML.

</F>