Writing an OPC client with Python ?

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Sat Mar 4 08:50:52 EST 2006

About a year ago I dev'ed a host app in Python (2.3 at that time) to control
a KUKA KR16 robot. Comm was over OPC. The OPC 2.0 server was inst'ed on the
KRC2. What I was needed to do, was to install the appropriate (i.e. delivere
together w/ the server) client software and to take Mark Hammonds COM Makepy
utility to to create the wrapper. The rest of the story was fun, pure fun,
as Python programming always is.

So, register the client software, fire up PythonWin, start the COM Makepy
utility and wrap that DLL. If you are completely new to this stuff, it might
help to look at all that from w/i MSVB 6.0 or something like that.

HTH
Franz GEIGER

news:440880b4$0$13692$636a55ce at news.free.fr...