imap folder scanner

Kun neurogasm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:20:21 EST 2006

Hey guys, I would like to have a code in python (as simple as possible)
to scan a specific folder in my mailbox and if the subject is equal to,
say, 'BIKES', I would like to have the code automatically send the
SENDER an email saying something like "We have received your Email".
Furthermore, I would also like to somehow save the sender's email into a
list which would be compiled by another python program into an html file
that would show a list of email addresses whose subject matched 'BIKE'

I know i am asking for a lot but since i am new to python, can someone
help me out with this? Whether its tips or code, i'll be very excited to
hear your answer.  Thanks.