Looking for a language/framework

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Wed Mar 29 00:31:11 EST 2006

walterbyrd <walterbyrd at iname.com> wrote:
>  Ideally, I would like to be able to develop a database driven web-app,
>  in much the same manner as I could develop an ms-access app. As much as
>  I dislike msft, I have to admit, an ms-access app can be put together
>  quickly, without any steep learning curve.

Look at django then.  It excels (IMHO) at this interfacing to an SQL
database.  Its admin interface is all you'll ever need for trusted
data entry, and you won't have to write any code at all for it.

We're currently converting a twisty mass of perl code which we can't
maintain any more into a django site, and we've been monstrously
impressed!