Cheese Shop: some history for the new-comers

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Sun Mar 12 16:18:29 EST 2006

On Mar 12, 2006, at 3:03 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     amk> Given the endless whiny complaints about the name, though,
> I think
>     amk> we should just give up and go back to PyPI (pronounced
> 'Pippy').
>
> There was already a "pippy": Python for Palm...

	I second the suggestion earlier for making it a simple, non-silly
name like 'PPI' for the Python Package Index. I mean, does anyone
ever feel tempted to refer to the FBI with a cute name like 'fibby'?

	I'm a big Monty Python fan from way back, but I still cringe at
names that sound like they were created at the Ministry of Silly Names.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com