Learning different languages

rtilley rtilley at vt.edu
Tue Mar 7 18:48:49 EST 2006

Rich wrote:
> Anyway, my question is: what experience you people have with working
> with different languages at the same time?

IMO, it's a good idea.

Currently, I'm using Python and Ruby. I'll write something in one and
then try it in the other. I know Python better than Ruby, so it's a
learning experience for me. I think it helps me to see things from a
different perspective. I admire both languages and respect their
different approaches to problem solving.

Knowing how to use a couple of different tools will benefit you and
those around you.

Best of Luck!
Brad