Need help with restricting number of new objects a user script can create

vj vinjvinj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:19:52 EST 2006

I think the only option is to come up with my own mini language.
Searching on google, I found several examples where people replaced
python with lua for scripting. Am reading up on lua and looks very
promissing. I also tried doing the following:

for i=1,100000000 do print(i) end

on:
http://doris.sourceforge.net/lua/weblua.php

and got the following error:

Lua script:

for i=1,100000000 do print(i) end

Run using lua generates:

Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 35 bytes) in /home/groups/d/do/doris/htdocs/lua/weblua.php on
line 109

Very cool. I need to now find out if this error is being caught by the
lua script or the underlying os. There also seems to be a 2-way
lua-python bridge converted which will allow me to embed lua in my
applciation.