How to search XML? Are there special libs?

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 05:38:41 EST 2006

Yes! XPath is a good bet.
You can also try some Pythonic XML libraries like Amara. You need not
learn any special language even.

There are good database approaches to XML too, especially if you are
going to query a document collection as a whole rather than file by
file. You can try XQuery. I think 4Suite can do this (But I am too
sleepy to confirm :-) ). You also use eXist (Java but you can use
XMLRPC or SOAP to interface with it from Python). Not optimal like
parent said, but if it is XML that have to live with ...