running IDLE from another program?

Fri Mar 31 13:04:05 EST 2006

If I want to write my code in a separate text editor (I like UltraEdit)
but then press a single button to have that code run in the IDLE
environment, is that possible? I know that you can configure UE to run
external tools, but I can't figure out how to run IDLE this way, because
when I check on its properties to find it's file path, it is just the
Python directory itself.

So not only do I not know where to find the actual file to run IDLE (if
possible), but I then don't know how to run my code in IDLE (again, if
possible). I guess I could write a script or macro that opens IDLE with
a new code window ready, copies and pastes my code from UE into this
window, then runs that code, but that seems messy, if that would even
work. And wouldn't it also prompt me to save the file before running it
in IDLE anyway?

So it comes down to this: is it possible to run code (that was created
in a separate editor) in IDLE in some kind of automated way?