Using len()

Sat Mar 11 04:52:07 EST 2006

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:05:48 -0800, ctilly wrote:

> That works, thanks.  Can you tell me why the differences exist?

For those who have just joined us, "that" is using raw_input() instead of
input().

I don't know why input() is the equivalent of eval(raw_input(prompt)), but
it is. Presumably Guido thought it was a good idea at the time. I recall
hearing somewhere that Guido is planning to rename raw_input() to input()
some time in Python 3.

--
Steven.